How to a Make a Meal out of a SmoothieJun 13, 2021
Secondly, we are adamant about using WHOLE foods. That means - if it came directly from the earth then have a blast, but if it's got a bunch of added or fake crap - it probably doesn't belong in your blender or body! Especially if you can't pronounce it.
Here's how we create our perfect meal in a smoothie...
- Pour in luscious, silky & thick non-dairy milk. Your "milks" should be nuts or seeds + water - meaning no gums, carrageenan, or added sugar (it's usually hiding).
- Right away blend with your base fruit, we prefer banana but something like mango also works great.
- As the blender is going, throw in a hefty amount of your other fruit & vegetables of choice - greens like spinach, kale, or baby chard. Maybe some celery or carrots too. Fruits & veg cover your carbohydrates while providing nutritious enzymes, minerals, vitamins & antioxidants! Plus fiber. Woo!
- Then add your proteins - nuts, seeds, or nut butters are an excellent source of plant protein. Chia, hemp, pumpkin, peanut, brazil, cashew, hazel - you name it, throw it in you nut! (Just figure out what works for you with flavor & quantity.)
- This would be a good time to scoop in your powders but think more like the superfood kind & not the fake, sugary "isolate" kind.
- Lastly, your fats. Mmmm... fat. The perfectly ripe avocado would be our #1 choice. If that's not available, because damn you avocados & your straight from unripe to overripe nature!!! … Ahem... but also hemp oil, flax oil, coconut oil... you get the gist kind of oil.
Blend until perfectly smooth then pour out into your favorite glass, add a straw & maybe a tiny umbrella for kicks!
Drink up you healthy, sassy lady!!!
So we say blend away!
Her Healthy Habits
Curious about learning what healthy habits can do for you - in organizing online business systems & living better through wellbeing practices? Book a virtual coffee date to chat.