Time Management: How to fit it all in (business, wellbeing & love)Jun 21, 2021
We’re all busy.
I used to think that I was a masochist. I was putting myself on these wild schedules trying to accomplish everything I could think of doing in a single day.
Understandably, I felt like weeping at the end of each day from sheer exhaustion. I felt completely out of control of my health.
I was TOO busy.
Over time, what I’ve learned is that successful entrepreneurs don’t have some genetic predisposition to being awesome. And they certainly don’t have less on their plate than we do.
Jackson Brown Jr. is often quoted with, “don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.”
To be even more relevant, “you have the same 24 hours as Beyonce.”
That’s putting it in perspective.
So you're perpetually busy right? You don’t have enough time to work out, eat properly or have a self-care practice.
But how much time are you actually wasting?
It’s amazing how many of us spend an incredible amount of our time “puttering.”
Puttering around the house – puttering on our phones – puttering around running errands. Quit it!
Time is a finite thing and we must cherish it.
So what are your goals?
If your goal is to make more time for yourself – can you create it magically out of thin air? No, you’re not a wizard. Sorry.
But can you restructure your schedule and priorities to put your needs and goals first? Yes, yes you can!
So if you want to live a well rounded and balanced lifestyle, start by putting these time management tips into practice:
- By setting yourself up with a plan ahead of time, you build efficiency in your day. No more pondering what needs to be done next - it’s all there in your schedule!
- When you have a proper plan in place, you won’t have to make decisions last minute. This also sets you up to make better decisions about food choices and helps you avoid a lack of motivation later.
- When we are prepared, we can confidently know exactly what to do, what to eat, when to workout, & where our time will be spent - no need to waste any brainpower because everything is already laid out!
- Scheduling your week & day in advance becomes a habitual process, & saves you time when it matters most to squeeze in those life things you really need to see results.
- Get a journal or daily planner. A physical one. Mentally prepare for the next day every night by writing out your goals, intentions, focus, & plan for the day ahead.
- List out your top priorities & how will you accomplish them. Make it as easy as possible for yourself to make this happen.
- Make a list of those things that are most important to you & block that time out in your schedule - be ruthless in your dedication to sticking to this time. Everything else can wait - yes. Really.
“The Year of Yes” by Shonda Rhimes made an exceptional impact on me earlier this year, and I cannot believe how often we DON’T say YES to putting ourselves first.
When you start to prioritize your health, your workouts, your healthy eating, your mental wellness… everything else follows. Life starts to fall into place and everything seems to align more holistically, healthfully, and happily.
And it all begins with healthy time management and a well-planned schedule.
Can you have kids and still be selfish with your desires? YES.
Can you have a spouse and still be selfish with your desires? YES.
The more you take care of yourself, the more you can confidently support and nurture others. How can you be patient with your spouse, children, pets, or coworkers when you’re running on little sleep, haven’t consumed anything but coffee since last night, and your exercise life is nonexistent?!
Sleep, healthy nutrition, consistent fitness, and mental wellness is the foundation for a successful life. A foundation for being the best you can be, presenting that beaming face to the world and seeming unconquerable.
Say YES to you.
Say YES to your health.
Stop saying you don’t have enough time, because we all face that same challenge.
Take control of your time and you will find there is more than enough.
Curious about learning what healthy habits can do for you - in organizing online business systems & living better through wellbeing practices? Book a virtual coffee date to chat.